Sunday, December 6, 2009

Goat Cheese, Fig & Prosciutto Bruschetta

Goat cheese has become my new favorite ingredient. I see a recipe with it and I have to try it. This recipe originally called for ricotta cheese but I new the goat cheese would be better, and I was right. I was lucky enough to have a jar of homemade fig jam from my Aunt Sandy. This appetizer did not last on Thanksgiving and I will be making it again for sure.

Adapted from William-Sonoma Food Made Fast Small Plates

Makes 24 pieces

1 small baguette cut into 24 thin slices (I used an everything loaf)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup fig jam
8 oz goat cheese, divided into 24 pieces
6 thin slices prosciutto, each cut into 4 pieces
Fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake until golden, 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a platter.

To assemble the bruschetta; spread each slice with a generous teaspoon of the fig jam. Top with a piece of goat cheese and a piece of prosciutto. Season with pepper and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment