Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Vodka Sauce

Vodka sauce is not something I ate growing up. As a young adult I tasted it a few times in a restaurant and thought it was okay but there were other sauce I liked better. Then my mom made this recipe at home and I was hooked. I make this pretty often and my husband says this is the only vodka sauce he likes.

Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis

Serves 6

1 quart homemade tomato sauce
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound tube pasta (I used Gemelli)

Simmer tomato sauce and vodka in a heavy skillet over low heat until it reduces by about 1/4, stirring, about 20 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone cheese. Simmer over low heat until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through. Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted and well blended.

Cook pasta according to package direction until al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and transfer to pan with sauce, toss to coat. Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment