Friday, October 9, 2009

Spicy Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches


As the Fall begins and the days become shorter and cooler, I find myself craving warm, comforting meals. Since my husband and I don't get home until at least 7 P.M. on most week nights I went in search of recipes that fulfill these desires and required little prep work. I came across this cookbook which had recipes in all three categories I was looking for. This French Dip recipe caught my eye, we order french dip sandwiches often when eating lunch out. The recipe is simple and the ingredients easy to find. The spice from the peppers is subtle yet not over powering.

Adapted from Taste of Home Casseroles, Slow Cooker & Soups cookbook

Makes 10 sandwiches

1 boneless beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds)
1/2 cup water
1 4 oz can diced jalapeno peppers, drained (fresh would also be fine)
1 envelope Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
1 beef bullion cube dissolved in 2 cups water
10 slices deli sliced white American cheese
10 Portuguese Rolls sliced

Place beef in a 5 qt or larger crock pot. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, peppers, and dressing mix and pour over beef. Dissolve bullion cube in 2 cups water and pour into crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 9 hours. Place half a slice of cheese on each side of open faced rolls and melt under broiler. Remove beef and shred. Pile shredded beef on each toasted and cheesed roll and serve with cooking juices on side for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment